The onus is upon our members to encourage institutional change at their own university. The ideas below offer possibilities for action - we'd love to hear any experiences or suggestions you may have.
Establish a CAAN Chapter
- Find out if there is already a group pushing for change at your university and if not establish your own CAAN Chapter on campus.
Organise a Webinar
- Contact us to organise a speaker to give a video presentation on reducing emissions at your university.
Advertise on Campus
- Print out posters to advertise on campus.
Mobilise on Social Media
- Establish a presence on social media.
Contact the Sustainability Team at your University
- Check to see whether your university has a sustainability team in place. Contact them and ask them what you can do to help.
Bring Up Carbon Neutrality by 2025 with your supervisor/institute/chair
- Put pressure on your institute to adopt policies to go carbon neutral by 2025.
Change the Culture
- Discuss flying with your colleagues, persuade them to become a member of CAAN.
Connect with other local groups to coordinate action
- Fossil Free Divestment: Colleges & Universities
- Extinction Rebellion